Saturday, September 1, 2012

Al Fateh Revolution 43 Years Ago Today

The Libya that once was for 42 years was swept away last year in a whirlwind.  According to  unorthodox reports, that is those that did not come from the mainstream media, what happened to Libya after being overrun by foreign backed militias and bombed by NATO is one of the great tragedies and betrayals of our time.  Now there is a media blackout, and the only way to get any idea of what is going on in Libya is through a scrap of information here or a scrap there.  The evidence of war crimes and atrocities by the rebels are on YouTube for the world to see, but much of the world doesn't know about them or even cares.  

I believe in the sovereignty of nations.  If you tell me how to run my house, that is an arrogant imposition. You have no right to suggest anything or impose.  If you tell me to get out of my house or force me away that is an invasion.  If you are a European nation including the US, which has a history of imposing its' will and values on other countries, that is racism of the highest order. It is imperialism. Whites do not have a monopoly on wisdom or how to do or run things.  They can be incompetent too.  The people of a given country must decide the political, social, and economic destiny of their country, not foreigners or even expatriates who no longer live there.  The current citizens who are grounded there should be able to decide their own fate and future.  

But I procrastinate in expressing what this post is really about. On this date in 1969 the Al Fateh Revolution occurred in Libya.  A group of young army officers who called themselves the Freedom Officers Movement staged a bloodless coup toppling the Libyan monarchy which favored the West.  The leader of the group was a 27 year old named Muammar al Gaddafi.  I will not write anymore than that.  Below are just a few things that will speak for themselves.  

One of Colonel Gaddafi's first interviews in 1969.



I like the pageantry of this celebration in Libya. Apparently it happened just a few years ago.  



Yes, I have read The Green Book by Muammar al Gaddafi.  I did last year.  This is my copy which originally belonged to my little brother.  I'm not sure if he ever read it, but he ordered it when he went through his Nation of Islam phase.  When Libya was being attacked last summer, I asked him if I could borrow his copy.  He gave it to me and said that I could keep it.  This is a book of very interesting ideas.  I suggest it be read, but only by people with an open mind that haven't been disturbed by years of conditioning into the present political system and also by propaganda about Gaddafi.  Reading it will get you more into the mind and ideology of Muammar Gaddafi the man than looking at news clips. The Green Book.  Read it and then decide.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Class Activity With Two of My Youngest Students

It has been a while since I last posted.  I began writing a serious post this week which I hope to finish in the coming days.   Today an a...